“Climate Shifts” is a topical commentary regarding climate change, natural ecosystems, politics and the environment, and can be found at www.climateshifts.org. The blog started life back in 2007 by Ove Hoegh-Guldberg, who has had a long history of research and scholarship on the climate change issue, both within the media and the scientific world. Ove started blogging for two main reasons:
- Concern about our rapidly shifting climate, and its impacts on both natural ecosystems and the people that depend on them.
- To improve how science is communicated – to ensure its wide dissemination while maintaining its neutrality and impartiality.
Since Climate Shifts was initiated to stimulate and actively encourage discussion regarding climate change. Climate Shifts will make every effort to remain neutral, but does have an active policy in place for moderating comments:
- Whilst discussion is actively encouraged, this is not a public forum: there is no automatic right to comment.
- All comments will be moderated prior to posting. Please note that this exists not as a form of censorship, but to stop ‘problem’ comments and spam.
- Please keep all comments relevant to the discussion at point within each post. As such:
- Personal attacks will not be tolerated: this stands for myself as the author, journalists, scientists or other commenters.
- Any coarse language (including racist and sexist comments) is prohibited, and any such posts will be deleted regardless of content.
- Pseudonymous posting is allowed, but actively discouraged – commenters email addresses will remain confidential.
- Remember: the commenting system on the site will log IP addresses.
Climate Shifts is an open forum: have your say. Feel free to send us links or articles using the form below, or contact us on email@example.com for technical issues, support or comments.